Part of "doknir" virtual appliance is small win32 utility.
Here are instructions how to build it from source:
- Register at Borland and download Delphi 2006 Trial.
- Start installation. You can select only "Borland Delphi for Microsoft Win32".
- After installation and before starting Delphi put activation file into your home folder.
Part II: Importing ActiveX component (this was easier with previous versions of Delphi)
- You need free "wodShellMenu" component from WeOnlyDo! Software
Download it and install it!
- Start Delphi and in menu "File" select New->Package
- Start "Import Compoment" wizard (in menu "Component")
- choose "Import Type Library"
- select WeOnlyDo! Shell ContextMenu COM object (if there is no such line, click Add and find wodShellMenu.dll in your system folder
- set "Palette Page" to ActiveX
- choose "Add unit to Package.bdsproj" project
- In "Structure" window click on "Classes" and:
- rename TMenuItem to TwodMenuItem and TMenuItems to TwodMenuItems
- compile; there will be an error - rename as above
- Save all (for example to "wod.bdsproj")
- Compile - this will generate wod.bpl file.
- Close all
- Package is ready - install it via "Install Packages" in menu "Component":
- click "Add..." and select wod.bpl
Part III: Building "doknir.exe"
- Open project "doknir.dpr"
- Delphi will report: Cannot find resource file:
- Compile project!